In life, there are various unexpected situations that force us to seek the help of…
Types of garage doors. Which garage door is the best?boja - 29 July 2020
Garage doors are used by us every day, they make it easier to enter the garage, or they insulate the room against heat loss. How to choose the right garage door?
Manufacturers are able to offer us several different types of garage doors. Garage doors differ in construction and the way of opening. The offer of companies selling garage doors includes swing gates, roller gates, sectional gates, and up-and-over gates.
Types of garage doors
Overhead gates (also known as plate gates). It is the most popular type of garage door. To open the up-and-over door, you will need space in front of the garage as the lower part can be pulled outwards. So if the driveway is too small, don’t choose this gate.
Sectional gates (called sectional) . We divide sectional doors into side and upper ones. When opening, they will not occupy the space in front of the garage, so they are an ideal solution wherever there is a short driveway. Sectional doors will also work well in garages facing the streets. They are also tighter than tilting gates, so it is worth installing them in heated garages. Sectional doors can also be used in openings with arched lintels.
Rolling gates (called shutter) . Shutter gates work as a window roller blind and take up little space. They are extremely convenient to use, but not all manufacturers have them in their own offer. Rolling gates must be purchased with an electric drive.
Side-opening gates . Hinged gates are the oldest type of gates, which appear in the manufacturers’ offer quite rarely. We can order them in craft workshops. Opening the wings will require a lot of space and it is not possible to install an electric drive every time.
Criteria for choosing a garage door
The price is no longer the most important criterion when choosing a garage door. Aesthetics will be more important, but also energy efficiency, reliability, but good service is also important. The most important criterion recently that determines the choice of building materials is how much they can reduce the operating costs of the house. Therefore, for example, customers who choose a garage door located in a building block prefer to buy a more expensive, but properly insulated door, and then save on energy costs for many years. One larger expense will bring big savings in heating costs in the long run. The aesthetics is also an increasingly important criterion, as the gate is an extremely important element of the facade of a building, which often emphasizes and sometimes even gives it character. Therefore, a wide range of decors, colors and patterns is so important. Customers also pay attention to safety and reliability, they are aware that a safe gate should be regularly inspected. A well-performed inspection will only be provided by the manufacturer with an established reputation and an appropriate network of services.
Garage door finishing and equipment
- Materials from which garage doors are made. Usually they are made of steel, aluminum or wood. There are also gates made of copper sheet or aluminum with a copper or bronze layer,
- Garage door with or without thermal insulation. If we have a heated garage that is built into the house, and we decide on a gate made of sheet metal, it will be better to choose its insulated version. We can install a non-insulated gate to an unheated, free-standing garage,
- Garage door with or without a drive? Garage doors have locks that lock them in up to three places. We can open each gate with a key. Its lifting will be facilitated by the handles mounted in such a place that it requires the use of little force. For the convenience of our use of the garage, the gate should be equipped with an electric drive. Thanks to this, it will be possible to open it with the remote control without leaving the car,
- Optional accessories. If we want to illuminate the garage, we can order a door with windows. They will generally be rectangular or square, and may also be triangular or oval. The gates can also have several glazing stripes.
Summarizing the above article, it is worth noting that garage doors can be divided according to their type. The oldest type are up-and-over gates, which are currently made practically only to order in craft factories. In addition, we have a choice of more modern options, i.e. rolling, sectional and side-opening doors. In some of them it is also possible to mount an electric drive, which makes opening them much easier and is simply a convenient solution. When choosing a garage door, we can try various accessories. We are talking here, in particular, about the door glazing in the form of small windows, or larger stripes that can cover most of the entire door area. We will also be able to install a wicket door in the garage door leaf.
You may also like
Inne ciekawe artykuły
- In what situations is it worth using the services of an attorney?
- Lighting in the bedroom. The relaxing qualities of lamps
A well-decorated and lit bedroom will be a place to rest and distract from everyday…
- What are the benefits of business training?
Even the best developed company cannot do without appropriate training. Lack of training causes loss in…
- Stages of work when opening trampoline parks - the manufacturer cooperates with the client
When starting an activity such as trampoline parks, the manufacturer may prove to be a…
- How heat pumps work and what are the benefits of using them?
Heat pumps are heating devices that are increasingly used in modern and energy-saving buildings. They can be…